This kit consists of:
1x Mini 100% Organic hand rolled California White Sage stick
1x Beautiful Tasmanian Scallop smudging shell
1x Rose Quartz Tumble Crystal for Inner peace and Self Love & Self Healing.
with the option to add in a Palo Santo Stick.
Size: Sage Approx 10-12cm, Scallop Shell: Approx 7.5 - 8cm long x 9 - 9.5cm wide
Smudging is the ancient ceremony of burning revered plants and herbs in order to create a sacred smoke bath. Use our Ruhe smudge kits to cleanse negative energy from the body, home and workplace.
Intentions are central to the practice of smudging, so take a moment before you light the sage to determine what exactly it is that you're trying to purify or release from your space.
Our beautiful scallop shells are sourced from Tasmanian waters via a WA based supplier. Each shell is unique and raw and no two shells will be the same. They may differ from the images above.
How to smudge:
• Firstly begin by opening up all windows and doors in your space to allow a pathway for all the negativity and smoke to leave.
• Set your intention
• Once you're ready, light the sage using your match or candle, and let it burn for about 20 seconds. After that, gently blow out the flame so you see orange embers on one end. The smoke should now billow up. Hold your scallop shell underneath the sage to catch any embers.
• Walk into the smoke a few times to cleanse yourself then move the smudge stick around your space. Pay special attention to areas in front of mirrors, doorways and corners of the home. You may use a feather in your other hand to guide the smoke around.
• Always stay present! If you see little embers fall on the ground, stamp them out immediately. Never let the burning sage stay unattended for any reason. Also, take care not to inhale too much of the smoke.
• When you are ready to extinguish your sage stick we recommend pressing the burning end of the stick into a bowl of sand until smoke no longer rises.
- Do not wet your sage to extinguish it will ruin the sage and make it harder to light next time
- You may need to relight the smudge stick a few times during the process.